The Bartlow Hills in Cambridgeshire date back to early Roman times and are the largest burial mounds north of the Alps. The barrows (many now sadly destroyed) were probably built by wealthy, high status Iron Age chiefs. This is one of Bill Blake’s stunning kite aerial photographs of the Bartlow Hills – click on the link below the photo for more.
Kite Aerial Photograph by Bill Blake Heritage Documentation: all rights reserved, used with permission.
See also our earlier feature Bartlow Hills: A little bothered about Bartlow.
- Cider with Rosie no more? dlvr.it/3Q0g8m 14 hours ago
- Cider with Rosie no more? wp.me/pqlvy-8oE 16 hours ago
- @lornarichardson @Waveney_Arch Feel free to drop us a line with the details and we'll include them in our regular Diary Dates feature... 1 day ago
- @mackles01 Contagion! Just reading that made me yawn here!! :-) 1 day ago
- 5 School Trips Kids Shouldn’t Miss! dlvr.it/3PhQnB 1 day ago