You are currently browsing the daily archive for 31/08/2011.
- You cannot grow crops on a public right of way, however grass can be grown for hay and silage.
- Dairy bulls over 10 months are not allowed to cross over a field with a right of way.
- You cannot put up stiles or gates without the permission of your local authority.
- You cannot put up misleading signs to prevent people from using a public right of way.
- You are not allowed to harrass, intimidate (e.g. placing a fierce dog on public right of way) or prevent members of the public from using a public right of way.
- It is an offence under the Highways Act 1980 to put up barbed wires, electric fences or exposed barb wire that prevents or obstructs a public right of way.