You are currently browsing the daily archive for 15/01/2013.
We recently published some ideas for resolutions for 2013, which suggested getting out to see and hear more about our prehistoric heritage. To that end, throughout this year we’ll be bringing news of various events around the country which we think worthwhile visiting.
First up, our friends at Carwynnen Quoit have announced a series of events taking place throughout the Spring, so start planning your trips down to the SouthWest now!
A full listing of events can be found on their web site Events page but some that have caught our eye are as follows:
- 2nd-9th March: “The Giant’s Quoit – A Fallen Cornish Icon” An exhibition at the Cornwall Centre, in Redruth.
- 7th March: “Archaeological investigations at Carwynnen Quoit” A talk by Jacky Nowakowski, Archaeologist Team Leader for Historic Environment in Cornwall, again at the Cornwall Centre, in Redruth.
- 5th-7th April: “A Celebration of Neolithic Technology” The Sustainable Trust will be putting on this exhibition at the Frying Pan Field, site of the Carwynnen Quoit.
- 13th-26th May: “The Giant’s Quoit – A Fallen Cornish Icon” Another chance to see the exhibition, this time at Heartlands in Pool.
- 6th-8th June: “The Giant’s Quoit – A Fallen Cornish Icon” Another chance for thousands to see the exhibition, at the Royal Cornwall Show, at Wadebridge, in the Heritage Marquee.
- Spring 2014 (Date to be confirmed): “The Restoration” a Celebration of the resurrection of the Quoit at Frying Pan Field.
If you plan to attend one or more of these events, why not drop us a line and let us know what you thought of them?
To search for other events put Diary Dates in the search box.