Their previous regional conference which we reported on in 2012 was a very interesting event.
The current outline of speakers and topics this year, subject to last minute changes, is as follows:
- Keith Fitzpatrick-Matthews: Odd pots and foreigners: forgetting Romanitas, becoming Angelcynn
- Isobel Thompson: New clues to the conquest: how Hertfordshire entered the Roman Empire
- Andrew Fitzpatrick and Colin Haselgrove: Searching for Julius Caesar
- Kris Lockyear and Ellen Shlasko: Surveying Verulamium
- Emily Esche, Clare Lewis, Kris Lockyear and Tony Rook: Lower Rivers Field
- Murray Andrews: Coins, commerce, and Christianity: money in late medieval Hertfordshire
- Gil Burleigh: 118+ Tons of History: results from community test pitting and other fieldwork in Pirton
- Karin and David Kaye: Roman Ware: A River-Crossing Settlement
- Chris Green: Puddingstone querns from Hertfordshire and elsewhere
- Mike Smith: The medieval manor of Wheathampstead
We’ve been asked to mention that tables will be available for local groups to have small displays (if arranged in advance via Kris Lockyear). There is no charge for a table, but the people manning it will need to have a ticket!