John Aubrey, Monumenta Britannica:

“… southward from the Towne stand two great stones, sixty-five paces distant from one another. The east stone is nine foot high, and as much broad: halfe a yard thick. The west stone is eight foot high and about six foot broad, halfe a yard thick.” “One of these stones was taken down by a farmer about the year 1680 to make a bridge of.”

.

.