At a press conference at the Stonehenge Visitor Centre this morning the Government will stitch up the World Heritage Site: announcing the short tunnel that will result in portals and infrastructure that will impact on the archaeology and settings – and starting the clock running on public consultation… starting now and ending 5th March!
Public exhibitions will be staged at the following locations:
• The Manor Barn, Manor House, Winterbourne Stoke on Saturday, 14 January (11am-5pm)
• Antrobus House, Amesbury, on Wednesday, 18 January (2pm-8pm)
• Shrewton Village Hall, The Hollow, Shrewton, on Friday, 20 January (5pm-9pm)
• Avon Valley College, Recreation Road, Durrington, on Saturday 21 January (11am-5pm)
• Larkhill Primary School, Wilson Road, Larkhill, Tuesday, 24 January (5pm-9pm)
• The Manor Barn, Manor House, Winterbourne Stoke on Friday, 27 January (2pm-8pm)
• Salisbury Guildhall, The Market Place, Salisbury, on Saturday 28 January (11am-5pm)
• Grove Hall, Church Street, Mere, near Warminster, on Saturday 4 February (11am-5pm)
• Society of Antiquaries, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, on Monday 6 February (2pm-8pm)
• Antrobus House, Amesbury, Wednesday, 8 February (2pm-8pm).
Following the consultation, the preferred route will be announced later in 2017
PLEASE GET YOURSELF THERE AND MAKE YOUR FEELINGS KNOWN!